HiFi & Professional Audio Forum  

LS cable

Gramofoni, kablovi, slušalice, tjuneri, magnetofoni, kasetofoni, dodaci..

ninja
Audio Expert
Audio Expert

Re: LS cable

Post by ninja » 21 Dec 2011, 19:39

Image Made in SFRJ
KokBok
When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.

DejanM
Audio Expert
Audio Expert

Post by DejanM » 22 Dec 2011, 07:46

Gerner wrote:http://jantzen-audio.com/index.html... from Jantzen you will get flat core coils copper or silver. Unwind them and isolate with cotton and terminate.
They are a mess to leave on your floor, but a carbon hose could hide it all.
Jantzen is a good wire but it doesn't mean that the DIY cable will be also good ...

Look in direction: Siltech. Yes they are expencieve but very good ... as you probably already know ...

If you want though to build the cables by yourself, look here:

http://www.audio-consulting.ch/?Parts:Silver_Wire

They also provided simple guide how to build a cable with it ... To be honest, I never heard this wire in action but having in mind some other products they build, it should be more than OK ...

But have you tried to resolve this issue with 15m of distance ? I think that is crucial ...

DejanM
Audio Expert
Audio Expert

Post by DejanM » 22 Dec 2011, 08:36

I think that it is better to have longer balanced interconnects than speaker cables ...

I do not understand the need for upgrading power supply - but I guess it has something to do with placement of your units in the room.

DejanM
Audio Expert
Audio Expert

Post by DejanM » 22 Dec 2011, 09:53

Gerner wrote:Yes, it has to do with the source of clean AC. But maybe there is no risk prolonging an AC cable 15 meters :oky
That is the best way ... current cables "like" to be long - so here the losses are minimal ...

PrekoBare
srebrni korisnik
srebrni korisnik

Post by PrekoBare » 22 Dec 2011, 16:33

15m seems to be quite a challenge.

Long balanced connection between preamp and monoblocks and short speaker wire would be my configuration of choice.
"Najbolje je neprijatelj dobrog"

Volter